Debbie Robbins (Edinburgh)
Debbie is proud to be teaching Pilates again at this years EAAC!!
Debbie has been teaching Pilates for over 13 years and she’s also started teaching aerial Pilates classes. After much consideration, is proud to be launching Air Control Pilates teacher training for Pilates instructors in 2016. See website for more info: www.aircontrolpilates.com
About Aerial Pilates
Aerial Pilates involves practicing Pilates exercises in the air by suspending the body, or parts of the body in a fabric hammock. The fabric hammock is suspended close to the ground over Pilates mats. Beginners practicing aerial Pilates start by practicing exercises on the floor with the assistance of the Pilates hammock, then gradually advance to exercises that require full body suspension a few inches off the floor.
- Provide a support which can help to Increase both flexibility and strength
- Help to bring balance to the body and mind
- Decompress tight joints
- Reduce strain on the back and neck
- Practice inversions without strain
- Encourage creativity
- Provide a comfortable place to relax
- Aids in rest and natural relaxation
- Allow participants to face their fears in a supportive environment
How it started
Whilst Debbie was training in aerial arts and teaching Pilates at the same time, she was trying to find a balance and understanding in both of her trainings and found that combining them together brought a beautiful balance of requiring strength, awareness and learning to release whilst being suspended mid air.